Saturday 13 October 2012

Stix Festival

Another commission I had during summer was to produce a poster for the Stix Festival.  I had to follow a strict five colour palette to fit in with the Mix's branding, and to include illustrations of the festivals activities.  Below shows the development from initial design, to what was edited down for use.

Original mock up for Stix Poster
Final Stix poster


As well as working on the poster, I was asked to hold another Critter workshop as part of the festival.
Equipped with two sewing machines, a cloud of stuffing and fabric up to my ears I set up my workshop  in a beautiful green patch, under a canopy of trees in the last of summers' sun.
The day was a huge success with many fresh critters being born!  I had a real range of ages getting involved, but it was great to see many budding young sewers use a machine for the first time.
The father of two little ones kindly sent over some photographs of us in action:





Lucy & Emma's freshly created critters! They worked so well and really got to grips with sewing on the buttons....think their dad is going to be learning from them!!

The day was a great success, thank you to all who came along and got involved, hope to see some of you again at future workshops. x

Check out The Mix section on ip1zine to see what activities are happening soon.

1 comment: