Monday 13 August 2012

A little love for you

I am lucky enough to be surrounded by some very creative people.  People who I often draw on for inspiration and advice on my own work.  Once you have spent four years being in a creative environment 24/7 it can be challenging to have a network of that scale again, if at all.  My network now is much much smaller, but it is full of opinions I truly value from inspiring and genuine people.  

Along with their support, I have also managed to collect pieces of their own creations.  Some things have been made especially for me, others have been parts of a series or as a gift knowing I would appreciate them.  I have a habit of keeping almost everything I am given, especially if it provokes a memory or has meaning behind it.  However, here is a small sample of the works of art that live with me now...


ISC Photography & caricature

Jon Burgerman doodle & random found bunny 

 Frankie Leigh cushion & cross stitch

Kris Skellorn & Jevan Math Watkins-Jones 

John Harris inside out & ISC blue tak creations 

Lisa Woolnough Pet Rock 

King Louie Mermaid & Pirate Squizzle 

King Louie two of four paintings


Some of these guys are working professionally as creatives, others are simply creative at heart still.  My pet rock, by one of my dearest friends Lis, was a gift for my 21st.  When she asked what I wanted for my birthday I gave a simple and honest answer.  A pet rock!  She took it above and beyond my wildest dreams, Gus came with his life history and box.  I have had several pupils at work as about what pets I have to which my answer always include him, many of them don't believe me!!

A little thank you to all of you (not just those shown) who have inspired, encouraged and motivated me with my creations.  It has never gone unnoticed. Love x

Check out some of their works below:

No comments:

Post a Comment